Friday, March 12, 2010

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A VERY LONG POST. READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL.

Today is officially a happie day, cos I've finally passed my driving test. FINALLY is the word. I opened my account on 19/10/07, took my BTT on 04/01/08, FTT on 18/03/08, 1st PT on 18/12/08, 2nd PT on 14/07/09, 3rd PT on 14/12/09, and today my 4th and also the last PT on 12/03/10. Looking back, its been more than 2 years. Its such a long and expensive journey, and I'm glad I've finally reached the destination.

This journey was definitely not easy. Learning sth is never easy in the 1st place. I don't regret my decision to learn driving, but I regretted joining as a private student. It was definitely a wrong move. Indeed one man's meat is another man's poison. While some may find private instructors good, some may find otherwise. And recently, I realised I belonged to the latter. I should have gone to school earlier.

Those 8 lessons in the CDC's car gave me a different perspective. It made me realise how much i dislike those "uncles"..how much i despise their un-professionalism, how much i loathe their attitude and how much I just simply hate them and their cars. A student's failure is correlated to the teacher's skills in one way or another. I do blame myself for making those mistakes in the previous attempts, but I blamed that idiotic guy even more for not teaching me well.

I'm not trying to mean anything, I'm just expressing how and what I truly feel.

I'm glad to have a good start this time round. I think I was just lucky to have Eric as my 1st instructor, cos he practically made everything right for me. He made me feel that driving isn't that difficult afterall. (BUT it is still very difficult). He might not be the best in the whole CDC, but to me, he's nice, even his car was good too. I always feel that all the other cars felt wrong and only his car was correct. In any case, my test car was some other car thou.

Today i was zamn nervous. I dunno why, its my 4th attempt already. I should be nonchalant abt it already. On the contrary, I was so nervous. Luckily Kenneth was around to calm me down. I dun undstd why would Eric badmouth him, even in his sms, it appears to me that he didnt like me to ask abt Kenneth. I thot he was ok?..maybe its some personal feud b/w them, which i can't be bothered.

Anyway, once i started the test, the nervousness went away. I thot I did perfectly fine in the circuit, but still i was "awarded" 8 points for not confirming safety during my parking. Oh well, what can I do? But I swear I did check.

I didn't do a U-turn...I was puzzled. This morning my warm-up officer said that no U-turn != fail, but I refused to believe him. That was why I was puzzled and scared. The first person I met when i pulled up at the yellow box was Kenneth. He asked if i pass/fail. I shrugged my shoulders. I had no idea at all. I was so worried I had already gotten an immed. failure, thats why everything ended so soon. I was very scared.

Went up, I could feel my heart beating VERY LOUDLY! It was a long wait for him to print the results slip. Many thoughts were running thru my head at that time. I was going thru what I would do if i fail again..blah blah blah. So he was done, we sat down and he started scolding me. SO LOUDLY that I thot everyone in the room could hear him loud and clear. He scolded me for driving as if I was still learning. He scolded me for not moving off until someone decided to honk me. He scolded me for..... I can't rmb. I only rmb him saying that if he were to be more stringent, I wouldn't have passed. And he asked if this was my 1st attempt even thou he saw the 3 previous test dates on the 3 previous PDLs. He was really really very fierce!!! Ng Seh Hock is his name. How can I ever forget.

When I went down, I met Kenneth again. He thot I failed again, cos I was holding on to my PDLs..but those were the prev ones. LOL. He said that I got one of the worst testers..and apparently he was in a good mood since he decided to pass me. Many times before, he pointed out to me that tester's face, but I always missed it for some reason or other. And it so happened that its that same tester who tested me. -.-"

Things seemed to happen in a trance after that. basically its just procedures..to take passport size photo, to apply for new license, to watch safety video.

I seriously was prepared to fail this time. I didn't even bother to bring a photo or enough cash to pay for anything. But I'm glad to have passed, really, its been dragging for so long. The time and money and effort and stress and brain cells and tears and everything.

I smile as I finally put a full-stop to them. :)